Television news & analysis
David Abraham, the chief executive of Channel 4 has taken aim at the Liberty Global chairman, John Malone, Viacom and BSkyB in the MacTaggart lecture.
With the public so interested in the judges, is the new series destined to be a success with brands, Maisie McCabe asks.
It's early days, but teething problems at London Live don't bode well for Jeremy Hunt's brainchild. By David Benady.
The inclusion of a plastic bottle of water in the publicity shots for the new series of ITV's Downton Abbey sent social media into overdrive.
Jean Claude Van Damme returns to The Rockies for Coors Light's new campaign.
'Celebrity Big Brother's' return to Channel 5 delivered a peak audience of 2.9 million viewers last night, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Vamousse, a head lice-killing product by life sciences company TyraTech, is releasing a part-animated TV and cinema ad to announce its UK launch.
BT Sport enters the Premier League 2014/15 this Saturday with footballer pundits Ian Wright and Robbie Savage leading its coverage.
Nostalgia ain t what it used to be. Can we all stop with the tales about what media used to be about, please? Some say: the art of the media agency used to be to find the perfect spot for a TV ad. I say: this is targeting the right audience at the ...
Top domestic football has fuelled Sky's success, so could the broadcaster prosper without it, Maisie McCabe asks.
Things we like: Collaboration between Hearst and Global and The Sun and Google, and free Wi-Fi on buses
Some things in the media business we liked in the week up to 15 August, and one thing we didn't...
The channel says a repositioning will boost viewing figures that have been held back by Barb's system.
Iceland has handed Karmarama its £16 million advertising business less than a year after the supermarket rejected the agency in a TV documentary.
Barclays says thank you to the people who take part in grassroots football in a TV ad highlighting the bank's Premier League sponsorship.
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
Nederburg, the Distell-owned South African wine brand, will launch its first UK TV campaign in September, starring the presenter and farmer Jimmy Doherty.
Channel 4 has hired Adrian English, the head of media investment at Carat, in the newly-created role of group investment lead.
Now TV, BSkyB's internet TV service, is launching an interactive digital-out-of-home campaign in the style of the arcade game Whac-A-Mole in cinemas across the UK from tomorrow (9 August).
Puma has released a TV ad featuring Usain Bolt in a hot tub to launch its new brand platform.
Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox has withdrawn its $80 billion takeover offer for US entertainment giant Time Warner, blaming an inability to engage with its board and a fall in its own share value since tabling the offer.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)