Breast Cancer Care trials 'hard-hitting' ad approach
Breast Cancer Care is to swap its pink-themed messaging for a more hard-hitting positioning, including the potential rebranding of its Pink Ribbonwalk fundraiser.
Breast Cancer Care: new 'hard-hitting' approach
The charity will launch a trial campaign next week, pledging to support ‘the woman behind the cancer’. The ads show a confident woman with a mastectomy scar, no hair or clothes, covered in pills.
Breast Cancer Care hopes to achieve greater cut-through with the more hard-hitting approach, having struggled for brand awareness against Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research UK.
Jane Heath, head of communications and marketing at Breast Cancer Care, said consumers ‘want to see something different and more realistic’.
The results of the trial campaign will be reviewed in the autumn.
The campaign has been developed by M&C Saatchi and The Mill on a pro-bono basis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...