Breast Cancer Care trials 'hard-hitting' ad approach
Breast Cancer Care is to swap its pink-themed messaging for a more hard-hitting positioning, including the potential rebranding of its Pink Ribbonwalk fundraiser.
Breast Cancer Care: new 'hard-hitting' approach
The charity will launch a trial campaign next week, pledging to support ‘the woman behind the cancer’. The ads show a confident woman with a mastectomy scar, no hair or clothes, covered in pills.
Breast Cancer Care hopes to achieve greater cut-through with the more hard-hitting approach, having struggled for brand awareness against Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research UK.
Jane Heath, head of communications and marketing at Breast Cancer Care, said consumers ‘want to see something different and more realistic’.
The results of the trial campaign will be reviewed in the autumn.
The campaign has been developed by M&C Saatchi and The Mill on a pro-bono basis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London