Dancing celebrities promote Fairtrade Fortnight with digital campaign
The Fairtrade Foundation is shifting to a digital focus to promote this year's Fairtrade Fortnight, and is running a series of light-hearted YouTube films featuring celebrities.
Alistair McGowan: joins the Fairtrade Steppers
Fairtrade Fortnight runs from today (February 27) until March 11 and promises to be "the biggest online Fairtrade event ever".
The short web-based films feature 12 celebrities, including comedian Alistair McGowan, former Blue singer Simon Webbe, and 'Apprentice' star Kate Walsh.
The clips capture the celebrities – known as the Fairtrade Steppers – in various everyday scenarios.
Each time they see a Fairtrade mark they are spontaneously whipped in into an infectious "dance-frenzy", which soon spreads to everyone else nearby.
John Tashiro, marketing director at The Fairtrade Foundation, said: "Fairtrade Fortnight 2012 will be the biggest online Fairtrade event ever.
"We haven't forgotten traditional media routes, but the grassroots movement of Fairtrade supporters and campaigners in the UK are increasingly connected through online tools and communications."
The digital strategy is targeted at a wider mainstream consumer audience than before, and the organisation is looking to create an online buzz to encourage the sharing of the campaign across digital channels.
The 12 celebrities appearing in the campaign are: Alistair McGowan; Jessica Hynes; Simon Webbe; Fancesca "Cheska" Hull; Kate Walsh; Natalie Pinkham; Di Dougherty; Darren Bennett; Lilia Kopylova; Will Clarke; Louisa Lytton; and Tommy Holgate.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...