VIDEO: Samsung marketer outlines Hope Relay goals
Andrew Garrihy, director of corporate marketing at Samsung Electronics, talks about the brand's Olympic 'Hope Relay' initiative at London's City Hall.
Samsung ambassador TV chef Jamie Oliver and champion track cyclist Victoria Pendleton
Samsung will donate £1 to charities which help underprivileged children, such as Kids Company and International Inspiration, for every mile members of the public participating in the relay cover in the run-up to the Olympics.
On Monday, it held a launch event at London's City Hall, where brand ambassadors TV chef Jamie Oliver and World and Olympic champion cyclist Victoria Pendleton, encouraged people to get involved.
Oliver and Pendleton unveiled a giant 'Samsung Wall of Hope' – a structure spelling out the words "Samsung Hope Relay" – and were the first to grab a pair of trainers and lead a mile-long walk along the track overlooking the Thames.
Participants can log their progress on the free-to-download Samsung Hope Relay app. This also allows them to create their own avatar, which can appear in Samsung ads, by snapping a headshot of themselves and placing them on one of the athletic bodies featured.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...