Campaign Viral Chart: Nike's Maestri debuts while Obama dominates
An ad for Nike's re-designed Maestri football boot has entered the chart with just under 5,000 shares in a week where US President Barack Obama dominates the chart as he bids for re-election.
Nike: enter chart with 4,787 shares this week
The Nike ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy London, stars Spanish footballer Andrés Iniesta who, for the majority of the ad, is represented by a wooden marionette puppet.
In the week of the Republican National Convention in America, political ads for President Obama's re-election make up three of the top six ads this week.
With a combined total of 38,674 shares and 1.6 million views, Obama overshadows rival and Republican hopeful Mitt Romney who last week announced Paul Ryan as his running mate.
The top Obama ad features interviews with Republican women who have changed their loyalties and plan to vote for the incumbent, Democrat president, whilst an ad featuring former President Bill Clinton sits in fifth place.
At fourth in the chart, Microsoft unveil its new look branding in an ad created in-house, generating 299 blog posts, 2.3 million views and more than 21,000 shares across Facebook and Twitter since it hit the web last week.
Last week's most shared, the Lego Story created by Lani Pixels, has fallen into seventh position with little over 1,000 shares a day in the last week.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Obama Biden 'Republican women for Obama' by Obama For America
15,077 shares this week
All time: 24,444 shares
2. Obama Biden 'the do-over' by Obama For America
14,719 shares this week
All time: 19,412 shares
3. Volvo 'ballerina stunt' by Forsman and Bodenfors
8,115 shares this week
All time: 40,812 shares
4. Microsoft 'Microsoft unveils a new look' created in-house
7,565 shares this week
All time: 21,680 shares
5. Lego 'the Lego story' by Lani Pixels
7,212 shares this week
All time: 146,386 shares
6. Obama Biden 'clear choice' by Obama For America
6,878 shares this week
All time: 23,323 shares
7. Nike 'CTR360 Maestri III' by Wieden & Kennedy London
4,787 shares this week
All time: 8,291 shares
8. Little Baby's Ice Cream 'special time' created in-house
3,498 shares this week
All time: 159,969 shares
9. Channel 4 'meet the superhumans' by 4Creative
3,375 shares this week
All time: 156,312 shares
10. adidas 'the return of Derrick Rose' by 180 LA
568 shares this week
All time: 49,830 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...