Beckham wears blindfold for debut Sainsbury's ad
Sainsbury's first campaign starring new brand ambassador David Beckham, features the football star wearing a blindfold while playing a game of football with the British Paralympic team.
The ad is part of a two-month campaign that will form a key plank of the supermarket's sponsorship of next year's Paralympic Games.
Sainsbury's signed up Beckham up as a brand ambassador in a deal reportedly worth £5m.
The retailer has played down suggestions Beckham is a replacement for long-standing, outgoing brand ambassador Jamie Oliver.
The retailer says that Beckham is the face of Sainsbury's London 2012 Paralympic marketing, and, unlike Oliver, is not promoting products.
The two-month cinema campaign featuring Beckham is supporting the brand's Million Kids Challenge, which highlights the level of skill and commitment required to participate in Paralympic sport.
In the ad, Beckham is seen watching how visually impaired footballers train, before being blindfolded to find out what it is like to play without sight.
Sainsbury's announced back in May that it had signed a sponsorship deal with the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
The creative for the campaign was carried out by AMV.BBDO.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...