Mamas & Papas campaign to include gay couple and single parent
Mamas & Papas is to feature same-sex parents and single parents in its advertising in an attempt to celebrate modern parenting.
Mamas & Papas: images representing gay and single parents feature in new campaign
The retailer claims its 'How We Roll' online and outdoor campaign, pushing its Urbo pushchair, represents the first time a UK nursery brand has used "these types of images".
Mamas & Papas aims to break from the traditional images of a mum and dad with their two children, by running creative that gives same sex-parenting and single parenting as much prominence as traditional family units.
The campaign images are being supported by three short films profiling "real families".
Olivia Robinson, creative director and youngest daughter of Mamas & Papas owners the Scacchetti family, said: "We put parenting at the heart of everything we do at Mamas & Papas and, as a parent myself, I wanted a campaign that reflected and celebrated the diversity of the modern family today.
"We understand there are many faces of parenting out there, so the next part of the campaign is to see how other parents 'roll'. We'd love to hear from families and see their story and pictures, and share these through the campaign, and we'll be inviting people to do this through social media".
The retailer conducted a nationwide survey of parents to coincide with the launch of the campaign, in which 65% of 18- to 34-year-old respondents saying they were indifferent or positive towards same- sex parenting, while 20% were unfavourable.
Additional findings showed 5% of 18- to 34-year-olds in homosexual relationships have children, as opposed to only 0.2% of the 35-and-over age range.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...