My Wardrobe to ditch menswear offering
Online retailer My Wardrobe.com is reportedly ditching its menswear offering next year as part of plans to focus on its international expansion.
My Wardrobe.com: reported to be dropping its menswear offering
Menswear brands are being contacted to explain the shift in strategy that will be rolled out from spring of next year, according to Drapers.
The menswear brands currently sold by My Wardrobe include Barbour, Belstaff and Folk.
It is understood the five-strong menswear team, which is headed by buying manager Lee Douros, will leave My Wardrobe over the next three to four months.
The news of My Wardrobe dropping its menswear offering to focus on expansion into Germany and the US comes as British fashion retailer Jack Wills drops its Aubin & Wills sister brand in order to invest in growing its business overseas.
David Worby, chief executive at My Wardrobe, said the retailer would now focus on its heartland womenswear ranges, because they were the areas that would make a difference to the business.
British retail brands are increasingly seeking to grow sales in online markets to offset slow growth in Britain.
Asos recently saw sales rise 38% to £538m for its financial year, with UK sales up 10% to £205m and international sales rocketing 64% to £333m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace £60000 Per Annum, London