London 2012 helps JCDecaux and CBS to double-digit revenue increases
London 2012 helped JCDecaux and CBS Outdoor to double-digit revenue increases in Q3 2012, while organic revenues at Clear Channel Outdoor's international division, which includes the UK, increased by 1%.
London 2012: work for sponsors such as Coca-Cola boosted outdoor revenues
JCDecaux said its UK division experienced a "significant uplift" from the Olympic Games and posted "double-digit" growth year on year in the third quarter of 2012.
Global revenues at JCDecaux were €636.0m (£507.9m), an increase of 10.2% year on year and 2.7% on an organic basis, which the billboard giant said was "driven by the strength of the transport division, particularly in the UK, helped by the Olympics".
JCDecaux’s billboard division experienced a "significant uplift" from the Olympic Games and posted double-digit growth in the third quarter compared with single-digit revenue declines in France and the rest of Europe.
CBS Outdoor's ad revenue in Europe increased by 14% year on year in constant dollars, which it said was "primarily a result of higher advertising sales associated with the 2012 Summer Olympics in London".
Global revenues at CBS Outdoor were $486m (£304.2m) during the quarter, a reported increase of 2% and an increase of 5% on a constant dollar basis.
Clear Channel Outdoor's international business, which includes the UK, reported revenues of $396.1m (£247.6m) in the three months to 30 September, representing a reported decrease of 6% year on year.
However, when the effect of a $6m (£3.8m) revenue reduction due to the divestiture of two businesses during the quarter and the effect of movements in foreign exchange rates was taken into account, revenues increased by 1% year on year.
Clear Channel Outdoor said growth in high-street furniture revenues, particularly in Australia and China, and from the Summer Olympic Games in the UK, was partially offset by revenue declines from advertising weakness in certain European countries.
Last month. figures from trade body the Outdoor Media Centre said overall outdoor ad revenues rose by 25% year on year in the three months to 30 September.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)