Thomson and First Choice profits beat Thomas Cook results
Thomson and First Choice owner TUI Travel has reported an 8% jump in pre-tax profits to £390m with an "outstanding performance" in the UK, a week after rival Thomas Cook posted £483m in losses.
TUI Travel: UK performance helped boost annual profits to £390m
TUI Travel said today's results showed a "record year of profit" for the year to 30 September, with strong summer 2013 bookings already in the UK, Nordics and Germany, including a significant growth in profitable market share in the UK.
Peter Long, chief executive of TUI Travel, said the company achieved outstanding results against a backdrop of "continued economic uncertainty".
Announcing the next stage in the company’s strategic development, he said: "This roadmap for growth, built on our detailed understanding of the market and robust business models, means that we are well placed to continue to deliver long-term sustainable growth, which in turn, will drive further value for both our shareholders and customers."
TUI is expected to launch multimillion-pound marketing campaigns for its Thomson and First Choice brands at the end of the year, while rival Thomas Cook is currently finalising plans for its post-Christmas push.
Last week, Marketing revealed Thomas Cook had shelved its planned post-Christmas campaign without a solid replacement lined up, although the operator claims it will be spending £5m on its end-of-year push.
Thomas Cook last week reported pre-tax losses of £485.3m for the year to the end of September, up from £398.2m in 2011.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton