Danone to shed 900 jobs
Danone, the maker of Evian and Volvic, is shedding 900 jobs, after a faltering performance in Europe.
Danone: to axe 900 jobs
The job cuts will run across management and administrative positions across 26 countries, and could include marketing. However, it is unclear whether the UK will be impacted.
One quarter of the jobs cuts will be in Danone's native France.
The 900 positions affected amount to 4% of its total European workforce.
Danone said the cuts would help make savings of €200m (£173m) over two years.
The news emerged as Danone reported full-year sales of €20.1bn (£17.3m) in 2012, up 5.2% on the previous year.
Franck Riboud, Danone chief executive, said: "2013 will be a year of transition, with vigorous development in business and a drive to strengthen operations in Europe."
Marketing activity in the year included a fresh attempt to build its sparkling water brand Badoit in the UK, and significant support behind Evian and Volvic, its two flagship water brands.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London