Ogilvy & Mather wins £300m global Philips business
Philips, the electronics giant, has appointed Ogilvy & Mather as the lead creative agency on its £300 million global advertising account.
Liam Gallagher stars in Philips' 'Obsessed with Sound' campaign
The agency picked up the business following a final shootout against TBWA. DDB, the previous incumbent on the account, was eliminated at an earlier stage.
O&M, which ran the pitch out of its London office with contributions from international partners, will now be responsible for overseeing all strategic and creative integrated communications for Philips across the globe. The work will put a strong emphasis on innovation and digital activity.
DDB had been the incumbent on Philips' creative account since 2001, during which time it had created a number of award-winning campaigns.
This included the "carousel" and "parallel lines" online films, which won Cannes Grand Prix in 2009 and 2010 respectively.
More recently, the network oversaw Philips’ "obsessed with sound" campaign, which was fronted by Liam Gallagher and aimed to promote the brand’s audio range.
Earlier this year, Philips also ran a separate review of its media planning and buying account. The business was eventually split between Carat and MPG Media Contacts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London