Ogilvy & Mather wins £300m global Philips business
Philips, the electronics giant, has appointed Ogilvy & Mather as the lead creative agency on its £300 million global advertising account.
Liam Gallagher stars in Philips' 'Obsessed with Sound' campaign
The agency picked up the business following a final shootout against TBWA. DDB, the previous incumbent on the account, was eliminated at an earlier stage.
O&M, which ran the pitch out of its London office with contributions from international partners, will now be responsible for overseeing all strategic and creative integrated communications for Philips across the globe. The work will put a strong emphasis on innovation and digital activity.
DDB had been the incumbent on Philips' creative account since 2001, during which time it had created a number of award-winning campaigns.
This included the "carousel" and "parallel lines" online films, which won Cannes Grand Prix in 2009 and 2010 respectively.
More recently, the network oversaw Philips’ "obsessed with sound" campaign, which was fronted by Liam Gallagher and aimed to promote the brand’s audio range.
Earlier this year, Philips also ran a separate review of its media planning and buying account. The business was eventually split between Carat and MPG Media Contacts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...