Galaxy to revive 'silk' strapline after 11 years
Galaxy is set to reintroduce its classic 'Why have cotton when you can have silk' strapline to future marketing activity, alongside plans to boost its online presence.
Galaxy: reviving 'Why have cotton when you can have silk' line
Brand owner Mars recently registered the line as a trademark, having last used it in its advertising more than a decade ago. It was first employed in 1987, but dropped in 2000.
Mars is also holding a pitch to find a digital agency for the Galaxy brand. Although it has a sizeable Facebook following, the brand has undertaken little digital advertising, compared with sister brand Skittles, for example.
Galaxy is currently supporting an on-pack promotion, ‘One million moments to treat yourself’, on its brand website and Facebook page.
Last year, Mars appointed former Kraft marketer Michael Magee to its top UK marketing role, overseeing its chocolate portfolio, which also includes Maltesers and Mars.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford