Jaffa Cakes poised to introduce first milk-chocolate variety
The Jaffa Cake, which has been covered in dark chocolate for more than 80 years, could be set to introduce a chocolate variety.
Jaffa Cakes: milk-chocolate version could be on the way
Owner United Biscuits is currently working on a possible milk-chocolate alternative to the original version.
Should it launch this year, a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake is likely to be supported by a significant marketing support.
The original dark-chocolate version has been made since 1927 and United Biscuits produces nearly 1.2 billion of them each year.
Philippa Tiley, McVitie's brand manager, confirmed the company was testing an alternative.
Tiley told The Sunday Telegraph: "We've never done a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake, and most people are a bit surprised and confused we don't."
United Biscuits has previously introduced variants including strawberry and blackcurrant limited editions.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...