Apple welcomes former Dixon boss with £36m 'golden hello'
Apple has awarded a $56m (£36m) "golden hello" to John Browett, the former Dixons boss who it recently poached to lead its retail division.
John Browett: senior vice president of retail, Apple
The payment consists of free Apple shares, currently worth $562 each, which will be distributed over five years.
He was hired by Apple in January and relocated to California in April, replacing Ron Johnson, who left Apple last June to take the helm of struggling US department store JC Penney.
Browett has been tasked with expanding Apple's retail presence from its current portfolio of 361 stores, including a major push into Europe, without compromising standards.
When Browett took the helm at Dixons it had been consistently under-performing. He has been credited with turning it around by focusing on customer service and relationships with suppliers.
News of Browett's windfall comes days after Tim Cook, Apple's chief executive, passed up $75m in dividend payments he was due to receive in the next decade, to "set an example" to others offered so-called fat-cat payments.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...