Revlon prepares new 'storytelling' ad strategy
Revlon will unveil a fresh UK ad strategy next month, bringing together marketing for its products into a single campaign for the first time.
Revlon: ads starring Hollywood actresses Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone
The ads, which feature its Hollywood-actress brand ambassadors Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone, mark a shift away from past campaigns, focusing on ‘storytelling’ rather than models wearing the products.
It is the brand’s first major activity since Julia Goldin was hired as global chief marketing officer 18 months ago, and follows the appointment of Y&R and MediaCom to its global ad and media accounts. RKCR/Y&R created the ads.
‘This is a fresh step forward for us; it’s very different from what we have done before,’ said Goldin. ‘It’s now a really holistic view of the brand.’
She added: ‘One of the things we wanted was to create consistency and real integration – every element fits together. We’re telling stories in this campaign as much as talking about the product.’
The TV and press ads will feature products to be released this year, including its Photo-Ready Airbrush range and Lip Butter, for which a UK waiting list already exists, according to Goldin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...