Revlon prepares new 'storytelling' ad strategy
Revlon will unveil a fresh UK ad strategy next month, bringing together marketing for its products into a single campaign for the first time.
Revlon: ads starring Hollywood actresses Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone
The ads, which feature its Hollywood-actress brand ambassadors Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone, mark a shift away from past campaigns, focusing on ‘storytelling’ rather than models wearing the products.
It is the brand’s first major activity since Julia Goldin was hired as global chief marketing officer 18 months ago, and follows the appointment of Y&R and MediaCom to its global ad and media accounts. RKCR/Y&R created the ads.
‘This is a fresh step forward for us; it’s very different from what we have done before,’ said Goldin. ‘It’s now a really holistic view of the brand.’
She added: ‘One of the things we wanted was to create consistency and real integration – every element fits together. We’re telling stories in this campaign as much as talking about the product.’
The TV and press ads will feature products to be released this year, including its Photo-Ready Airbrush range and Lip Butter, for which a UK waiting list already exists, according to Goldin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London