Andrex recalls 'real' puppy for 40th anniversary campaign
Andrex is to use a 'real' puppy mascot again as a one-off for a campaign to celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Andrex: brings back puppy mascot
The Kimberly-Clark-owned brand, which introduced a CGI puppy to its ads in 2010, is marking the milestone with a £2m push.
This will bring its partnership with the Guide Dogs charity to the fore and is intended to encourage consumers to help raise funds to train 40 guide dogs. Andrex is using its digital platform, Puppy Points, to help raise the near-£300,000 it costs to train the guide dogs over a two-year period.
The campaign, by JWT London, informs consumers that they can donate by scanning a code on promotional Andrex packs with their smartphone, or buying promotional soft-toy guide dog puppies.
Consumers will be able to track the dogs’ progress via Facebook, and use a Blippar app to train a ‘virtual guide dog’ on smartphones.
Meanwhile, Andrex announced this week that Sophie Woodford is its new UK marketing manager. She will report to European marketing director Jon White.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...