Octagon buys creative and music agency FRUKT
Interpublic Group (IPG)-owned sports and entertainment agency Octagon is building its presence in the music-marketing business with the purchase of UK-based FRUKT, which counts Coca-Cola and Southern Comfort among its clients.
FRUKT founders: Jack Horner and Anthony Ackenhoff
IPG will now look to combine Octagon's UK operations with those of FRUKT.
Both businesses are based in London and are set to move to new offices in the Grey's Inn Road area, which will also house other parts of IPG's UK businesses, including PR agency Weber Shandwick.
The move is likely to take place in the third quarter of this year.
It is understood that IPG's acquisition of FRUKT will not result in redundancies.
FRUKT was set up in 2001 and advises clients – which to date have included Coca-Cola, Southern Comfort, Diesel and Starwood Hotels – how to build their brands through the use of music and entertainment.
It does this by working with a range of creative professionals, including musicians, DJs, architects and other creative types.
Rick Dudley, Octagon chief executive and president, said that one key factor determining the acquisition of FRUKT was that it would allow both FRUKT and Octagon to pitch for new business together.
Specifically, FRUKT will work closely with Octagon's music and entertainment consulting unit, which has created strategic sponsorship activity for brands including MasterCard.
No financial details of the deal have been disclosed.
Dudley said the FRUKT business was both "analytical" and "creative" adding that it would add to its existing "comprehensive marketing services operation.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...