Barclaycard teams up with celebrities for 'Easier' Christmas push
Barclaycard is extending its ongoing 'Easier' brand campaign with a Christmas promotion promising to make Christmas easier for consumers.
Olly Murs: features in Barclaycard campaign
Alongside outdoor and print ads, the payment brand is rolling out a Facebook competition offering 24 experiences as prizes, such as pop star Olly Murs singing carols on consumers’ doorsteps. The online advent calendar, created by agencies Dare, Walker Media and Mission, can be found at www.facebook.com/barclaycard.
The Christmas push is the latest phase in Barclaycard's new brand campaign, which aims to position the brand as making life easier for both consumers and merchants with its payment systems.
Gary Twelvetree, global brand director at Barclaycard, said that rather than just focusing on contactless technology, as previous campaigns have done, the brand wanted to showcase its "broader" proposition.
He said: "We have a rich suite of offers, from our music and entertainment strand, to the Barclaycard Freedom rewards programme, so felt it appropriate to get multiple messages out there. With Christmas, it is an exciting time but also fills you with dread – we're not claiming we make shopping easier, but we'll make our bit easier."
Twelvetree added that Barclaycard was plotting a follow-up to its ‘Waterslide’ and ‘Rollercoaster’ TV spots, with a campaign "in the pipeline" for launch next year.
He said: "We will be doing TV, but it will be part of a broader platform."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire