Barclaycard teams up with celebrities for 'Easier' Christmas push
Barclaycard is extending its ongoing 'Easier' brand campaign with a Christmas promotion promising to make Christmas easier for consumers.
Olly Murs: features in Barclaycard campaign
Alongside outdoor and print ads, the payment brand is rolling out a Facebook competition offering 24 experiences as prizes, such as pop star Olly Murs singing carols on consumers’ doorsteps. The online advent calendar, created by agencies Dare, Walker Media and Mission, can be found at www.facebook.com/barclaycard.
The Christmas push is the latest phase in Barclaycard's new brand campaign, which aims to position the brand as making life easier for both consumers and merchants with its payment systems.
Gary Twelvetree, global brand director at Barclaycard, said that rather than just focusing on contactless technology, as previous campaigns have done, the brand wanted to showcase its "broader" proposition.
He said: "We have a rich suite of offers, from our music and entertainment strand, to the Barclaycard Freedom rewards programme, so felt it appropriate to get multiple messages out there. With Christmas, it is an exciting time but also fills you with dread – we're not claiming we make shopping easier, but we'll make our bit easier."
Twelvetree added that Barclaycard was plotting a follow-up to its ‘Waterslide’ and ‘Rollercoaster’ TV spots, with a campaign "in the pipeline" for launch next year.
He said: "We will be doing TV, but it will be part of a broader platform."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...