Kitcatt Nohr Digitas picks up UK Starbucks CRM business
Starbucks has hired Kitcatt Nohr Digitas to handle its customer relationship marketing account in the UK.
Starbucks: Kitcatt Nohr Digitas will be responsible for CRM
Kitcatt Nohr Digitas won the pitch in a two-way shoot-out against EHS 4D after the coffee retailer issued a request for information directly to agencies last month ahead of targeted customer activity.
The agency will act as Starbucks' first dedicated CRM shop in the UK. It will work closely with the coffee shop chain on communications around its Starbucks Card reward scheme.
In the US, Starbucks has previously worked with DraftFCB on similar loyalty programme activity. In October, BBDO Toronto launched the My Starbucks reward programme with an interactive storefront campaign.
Last week, Starbucks announced it was installing a mobile payment system that allows coffee drinkers to use an iPod app to pay in 700 of its outlets across the UK and Ireland, following a successful US roll-out.
The Starbucks app will be available for iPhone and iPod Touch users from 5 January and allows consumers to pay for their items through their phone with the aim of reducing transaction time by around ten seconds.
In March, BBDO created a global campaign for Starbucks in a bid to build a greater emotional connection with coffee drinkers. The activity used the line: "You & Starbucks. It's bigger than coffee."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- PR Senior Account Executive, B2B Tech, £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Head of Consumer & Shopper Insight FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70K-£85K + Car Allowance, Bonus, Benefits Package, North of London/Herts
- Senior Brand Manager OTC Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£60K + Car + Bonus, London