Chrysler re-launches with £10m Super Bowl campaign
Car brand Chrysler is kicking off a £10m campaign to re-launch the brand in the UK, starting with a TV ad breaking during this weekend's Super Bowl.
The campaign, by integrated agency DCH, will be based around the strapline "Different is what we do", to focus on the brand's "grittier, urban, no-nonsense" reputation.
It follows a decision made three-years ago by parent company Fiat to phase Chrysler out of the European market, with the intention of making Jeep the company's only remaining global marque.
In an effort to re-connect with UK car-buyers, Chrysler will focus the activity around its Grand Voyage, 300C, C-class Delta and B-class Ypsilon models.
A collection of three TV ads will be supported with print, outdoor, digital, direct marketing and eCRM activity. The TV clip itself begins with a 300C model driving through Detroit, with scenes of car mechanics working in their overalls.
The car then emerges from a tunnel in London, and is joined by the rest of the rest of the Chrysler range.
Nigel Land, brand director at Jeep Chrysler, said: "These are exciting times for Chrysler, which has seen great success for the brand in the States, and established itself as a main competitor in the UK mass car market."
Chrysler is also sponsoring the NFL's UK screening of this weekend's Super Bowl at The O2.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Affiliate Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £50k+bens, London
- Category Manager- Oral Care Stopgap £52000 per annum, London