Sony Electronics seeks shop for European social media
Sony Electronics is looking for an agency to handle its social media activity across Europe.
Sony: social media activity will cover markets including the UK
The electronics manufacturer has issued an RFI to agencies detailing its requirements in the areas of community management activity and social media participation via platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling activity in multiple markets across Europe, including the UK and Ireland. Products made and marketed by Sony include laptops, TVs, camcorders and tablets.
In the past, the brand worked with the CRM agency Crayon, the advertising agency Dare and the former PR agency Beige, before consolidating its UK social business into Cake in October last year.
Sony works with a roster of advertising agencies across all of its brands, including Grey London, Anomaly, Gyro, Iris, TMW, TBWA\London and SapientNitro.
The review coincides with an overhaul of Sony Group's global business, with plans to reduce its headcount by 10,000 in the current financial year. The company has also announced plans to restructure Sony Electronics into three divisions: digital imaging, game and mobile.
Sony's sales and marketing teams entered a consultation process following the announcement of the cuts.
Sony was unavailable for comment.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...