Sony Electronics seeks shop for European social media
Sony Electronics is looking for an agency to handle its social media activity across Europe.
Sony: social media activity will cover markets including the UK
The electronics manufacturer has issued an RFI to agencies detailing its requirements in the areas of community management activity and social media participation via platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling activity in multiple markets across Europe, including the UK and Ireland. Products made and marketed by Sony include laptops, TVs, camcorders and tablets.
In the past, the brand worked with the CRM agency Crayon, the advertising agency Dare and the former PR agency Beige, before consolidating its UK social business into Cake in October last year.
Sony works with a roster of advertising agencies across all of its brands, including Grey London, Anomaly, Gyro, Iris, TMW, TBWA\London and SapientNitro.
The review coincides with an overhaul of Sony Group's global business, with plans to reduce its headcount by 10,000 in the current financial year. The company has also announced plans to restructure Sony Electronics into three divisions: digital imaging, game and mobile.
Sony's sales and marketing teams entered a consultation process following the announcement of the cuts.
Sony was unavailable for comment.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London