Social media to steer Tourism Ireland road trip
Tourism Ireland is launching a week-long social media campaign that offers Facebook and Twitter communities the chance to determine the places a British couple will visit.
Tourism Ireland: rolls out road trip campaign
The campaign has been created by Indicia, the customer intelligence agency, and is dubbed "Nick and Sam's Ireland Road Trip". It will showcase the attractions of Ireland in a bid to sell the trip to other potential visitors. It is supported by online and PR activity.
A Discover Ireland microsite will follow Nick and Sam as they travel between Belfast and Cork, with no fixed route.
People can send suggestions about where the couple should visit through Tourism Ireland's Twitter and Facebook feeds. Prizes will be given to users each day to reward them for their engagement with the campaign.
The couple will continually share maps and video blogs, and upload photos on to a live photo feed, for the public to see their suggestions being carried out throughout the day.
At the end of the seven days, Tourism Ireland will hold a prize draw to send a group of four to Ireland.
Sarah Rogers, consumer engagement manager at Tourism Ireland, said: "By placing Nick and Sam in the safe hands of our social media communities, they'll be taken on a whirlwind tour of all the best hidden spots and iconic experiences.
"By bringing our consumers along for the journey, we’re hoping to inspire them to start planning their very own road trip."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...