Dating site Zoosk seeks to attract couples
Zoosk, the online dating site, is revamping its strategy in an effort to cater for people who are already in relationships.
Zoosk: online dating site sponsors The Bachelor reality show on Channel 5
Previously, Zoosk has targeted singles but the site's co-founder, Shayan Zadeh, said the focus of the company over the next couple of months would be to develop product features that would provide incentives for couples to join.
Zadeh said: "We want to provide so much value for couples, in addition to singles, that they will be inclined to come and create an account together and use the product and functionality that we think is compelling enough to keep people in relationships engaged as well."
Subscription-based Zoosk is seeking to overcome the conundrum faced by dating sites, which sees two customers leave the service every time it proves a success.
Zoosk was the fourth-biggest dating website in the UK last month with 193,000 unique visitors, but has shed 405,000 visitors since last February, according to comScore.
Zoosk trails behind dating sites POF.com, Meetic and Oasis Dating Network, in terms of visitor numbers.
Zadeh hopes the gamification of the site, which is driven by virtual currency and gifts, will encourage couples to sign up.
Zoosk is already developing incentives for subscribers to stay on the site if successful, including anniversary gift ideas, restaurant discounts, digital scrapbooks and relationship advice from experts.
The site began life as a Facebook app and has maintained strong social network roots by allowing users to populate their profiles with data from their Facebook page.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Director - Shopper (2-3 months from July 1st) Stopgap £200 - £240 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...