Bulmers launches Perfect Pint AR activity
Bulmers, the cider brand, is launching an augmented reality marketing campaign tomorrow (6 April) to show consumers how to serve a perfect pint.
Bulmers: current TV marketing campaign features Plan B
The campaign, created by agency Space, features predominantly in the on-trade market, with AR markers appearing on drip mats, point-of-sale posters and window vinyls across 10,000 pubs in the UK.
Consumers who download the Bulmers app and point handsets at the AR markers will see their pint become animated, and will be shown how to serve it professionally.
Supporting activity includes a sampling campaign in Morrisons, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's. On-trade outdoor messaging will encourage consumers to scan the Bulmers QR codes to enter a daily competition to win £300 worth of gig and events tickets.
Gareth Turner, senior brand manager at Bulmers, told Marketing that it was important to show people how to serve the product, but that consumers didn't want to be "preached" at.
He said: "People don't want to be told how Bulmers must be drunk, but if you can bring the brand to life at point of purchase, then people will engage with it.
Stella's Cidre variant, launched last year, hasn't perturbed Bulmers or caused it to change strategy.
Turner said the competition made the cider category more "vibrant", causing the market to continue to be led by product innovation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...