Barclays uses 'angry boy' viral to push Pingit app
Barclays has rolled out a viral campaign to promote its Pingit app, which allows users to send and receive money using mobile phone numbers.
Barclays: promotes Pingit app
The free app, which is now available to all UK bank and building society customers, has been downloaded 400,000 since launching in February.
To push it to a wider audience, Barclays has unveiled an interacting digital campaign encouraging consumers to settle debts through the Pingit app.
A humorous online video called 'The Boy', hosted on Barclay's Pingit Facebook page, features a menacing child aggressively suggesting a man repay a debt incurred when buying a pizza using the Pingit app.
Facebook users will be able to send a customised version of the video to friends who owe them money.
Antony Jenkins, chief executive, retail and business banking, at Barclays said: "Barclays Pingit is potentially a revolution in banking but this is just the beginning.
"We are listening to customer feedback and monitoring the demand for additional functionality so there's a lot more to come over the next few months."
Separately, Barclays recently hired former BSkyB marketing director Andy Brent as its marketing and customer director for its UK retail and business banking division.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Midweight Planner Source £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits & progression/training , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...