Sony partners Blinkx to expand video content
Sony has partnered with video search engine Blinkx to give users of its internet-enabled home entertainment devices easy access to high quality video content.
Suranga Chandratillake: chief executive, Blinkx
The Blinkx app for Sony gives users access to Blinkx’s index of premium content through its 18 different video channels.
The app is available on devices including Bravia televisions, Blu-ray disc and streaming media players and home theatre systems.
Channels are split into categories including ‘sports’, ‘news’, ‘popular’ and ‘fun’.
The ‘sports’ channel will include highlights, interviews and game updates from world sports, while ‘popular’ will comprise an editorialised round-up of the most popular videos from the web, including Hollywood gossip and "jaw-dropping human feats".
Blinkx has agreements with 720 content partners and has indexed over 35 million hours of video and audio content.
Content partners include BBC iPlayer, ITN, Press Association, YouTube and Reuters.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London