Sony partners Blinkx to expand video content
Sony has partnered with video search engine Blinkx to give users of its internet-enabled home entertainment devices easy access to high quality video content.
Suranga Chandratillake: chief executive, Blinkx
The Blinkx app for Sony gives users access to Blinkx’s index of premium content through its 18 different video channels.
The app is available on devices including Bravia televisions, Blu-ray disc and streaming media players and home theatre systems.
Channels are split into categories including ‘sports’, ‘news’, ‘popular’ and ‘fun’.
The ‘sports’ channel will include highlights, interviews and game updates from world sports, while ‘popular’ will comprise an editorialised round-up of the most popular videos from the web, including Hollywood gossip and "jaw-dropping human feats".
Blinkx has agreements with 720 content partners and has indexed over 35 million hours of video and audio content.
Content partners include BBC iPlayer, ITN, Press Association, YouTube and Reuters.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...