Direct Marketing Association launches Search Council
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is launching a Search Council to recognise the crossover of the digital marketing channel into the territory of direct response marketing.
Direct Marketing Association: launches Search Council
The council includes representatives from search engines, media owners, brands and agencies. It has been formed to position search engine optimisation and pay-per click as direct response channels in their own right.
It will also promote the integration of search into direct marketing campaigns.
The idea for a council was proposed by Nick Beck, the managing director of Tug, the search and social media agency.
Beck is joined on the council by representatives from Barclays, Efficient Frontier, Google, iCrossing, I Spy, ITV, Latitude, MSN, Propellernet and Yahoo.
It will meet monthly and produce quarterly reports.
Nick Beck, managing director of Tug, said there was a "particularly under-exploited opportunity" in the convergence of search and direct response.
He said: "Search, for example, is an excellent way of driving data collection for direct campaigns."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Ecommerce and CRM Manager Spotlight Recruitment negotiable, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...