Guardian launches personal music playlist app
The Guardian has launched an app which enables readers to create a personal playlist of the most significant songs of their life, as part of a summer campaign to draw attention to its music coverage.
Guardian: launches Six Songs of Me Project
The Six Songs of Me app, designed by Glue Isobar, sits on the Guardian’s website. Users are asked to identify meaningful songs, based on a series of six questions such as, "What song would you want at your funeral?" and "What is your perfect love song?".
Users can search for tracks using the web app, and add it to their playlist. Each song can be played using a Spotify plug-in, while some tracks link to related content on the Guardian’s site.
Other users’ playlists are available to browse on the app as playlists can also be shared on Facebook and Twitter. The app can be accessed on mobile and tablet devices.
Richard Furness, director of brand and engagement, Guardian News and Media, said: "Music is a perfect promotional vehicle for the Guardian.
"It’s a key interest area for our progressive audience and also a subject in which our editorial team lead the way in both quality and breadth of coverage."
An integrated advertising campaign, created by BBH, will support the Six Songs of Me app and there will be a creative takeover of London's Barfly music venue during August.
The app is the first work Glue Isobar has done for The Guardian since it was appointed as the publishing brand’s lead digital agency in July.
Guardian News & Media is currently talking to agencies about the digital account for its Soulmates dating website, to grow it as an individual brand.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...