Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
Richard Branson's Virgin America airline has launched a competition that will reward its most frequent flyer across the Virgin Atlantic network by sending them into space for free on Virgin Galactic.
The Spaceship Company: jointly owned by the Virgin Group and Scaled Composites
The competition, called 'Mission Galactic', will reward the consumer with the most "Elevate status points", which are earned when a customer purchases a flight on all three Virgin airlines – Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia. It is open to all Virgin airline customers.
The consumers with the most Elevate status points earned between now and 7 August 2013 will win a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
Virgin Galactic is expected to make its first commercial flight at the end of next year.
Elevate is a reward scheme available to customers that fly across Virgin’s airlines, as part of a redeemable point scheme.
To enter the competition, consumers must be a member of the Elevate reward scheme and sign into a dedicated site, http://galacticcontest.virginamerica.com/, in order to have their flights tracked as they book them.
Last month, Virgin Atlantic launched a dedicated London guide as part of its UK marketing programme, in which Branson revealed his top London hotspots for tourists to visit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + + benefits, Greater Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...