Ryanair charges €3 for booking app
Ryanair, the budget airline, is launching a booking app that costs €3 to download, which offers services that are free to access online via a browser.
Michael O'Leary: Ryanair's chief executive
The app, currently available for the iPhone and iPad, allows consumers to search for flights and book and manage flights.
Customers can also use the service to add priority boarding and check-in bag services to their bookings, access timetables and the latest news on seat sales, view promotions and new routes and book car rentals with Hertz.
The app offers the same services that are available to use for free online and provides the same services as easyJet's booking app, which is free to download.
The British Airways app is also free to download and allows consumers to check latest flights, check in, book flights and manage bookings, check past bookings and download boarding passes among other functions.
Michael O'Leary, Ryanair's chief executive, said: "Ryanair is pleased to launch our latest passenger initiative, the iPhone and iPad app, which will allow passengers to book Europe's lowest fares, manage their booking, and keep up-to-date with Ryanair news, directly from their iPhone or iPad.
"Passengers can now book Ryanair flights anywhere they take their phone, day or night, ensuring that they never miss out on our lowest fares.
"Our new app is available today from the iTunes store for just €3."
Read more on The Wall: Ryanair passenger wins support of 357,000 Facebook users after €300 charges
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...