Marie Claire claims UK first with video ad in October issue
Marie Claire, the monthly women's magazine owned by IPC, is carrying a video ad for a Dolce and Gabbana fragrance in the pages of some copies of its October edition.
The ad has been inserted in a few thousand copies of the 396-page issue, on pages 34 and 35.
It features a 45-second video ad including sound, which plays when the reader opens the page.
Procter & Gamble, the company licensed to produce the fragrance, placed the ad through media agency MediaCom.
The technology used for the ad has been developed by the US firm Americhip, which has already used it in foreign titles, including Russian Vogue. This is believed to be the first time a UK glossy has used the technology.
IPC's Innovator team, which delivers multimedia direct marketing campaigns, managed the insertion of the ad.
Justine Southhall, publishing director at Marie Claire, said: "We are so delighted and proud to be the first UK magazine to bring our readers this fabulous technology.
"Having the video in the magazine is a truly magical experience. With additional support on www.marieclaire.co.uk and our social media channels, it has already become a 'must see' experience."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...