ShortList to launch men's digital daily Mr Hyde
ShortList Media, publisher of men's weekly magazine ShortList, has confirmed it is launching a digital men's title, and revealed it will be called Mr Hyde.
ShortList: launches Mr Hyde digital title this week
Campaign revealed the launch plans last week for the free, advertiser-funded daily email service.
The name appears to be a modern play on the fictional character of Dr Jekyll, of 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' fame.
Mike Soutar, chief executive of Shortlist, said Mr Hyde characters were "busy, pressured men who [in these economic conditions] spend long days in the office building a career" and that Mr Hyde "seemed to sum up the spirit of relaxing, letting go – just not being at work for once."
Phil Hilton, editorial director of Shortlist Media, described Mr Hyde as not "a listing, but an informed friend who always knows where to find the latest pop-up bar, the hottest new bourbon and where to buy the eye-enhancing cream to disguise the effects for that big meeting the next day.
"We aim to inspire, provoke, entertain and help these busy men maximise their free time."
Mr Hyde will be produced by existing journalists working on ShortList's core free magazine.
It will be a concise email edit of the latest in culture and entertainment, including information on bars, restaurants, styling and grooming.
ShortList Media said it expects to disclose a number of blue-chip advertisers in the coming weeks.
Along with ShortList, ShortList Media also publishes the free women's weekly, Stylist.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...