Campaign Viral Chart: Belgian mindreader fends off Lana Del Rey
A hidden-camera ad for Belgian financial federation, Febelfin, in which a squad of internet fraudsters feed a "mind reader" with details from the web to trick his unsuspecting clients has topped the chart this week.
Lana Del Ray: fronts H&M campaign
The ad highlights the dangers of sharing information online. It has been created by Duval Guillaume Modem and shared 376,868 times in the past seven days.
Samsung, last week's chart-topper, fell to second position with their ad by 72andSunny. It spoofs the Apple "superfans" queueing for the launch of the iPhone 5.
Meanwhile, an official iPhone 5 ad, created by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, has been shared 15,861 times and enters the chart in eight position. It was bested by a video for iPhone5 information blog, iPhone5.nl.
The ad, created in-house, features hidden-camera footage of people struggling to pick up a new iPhone that had been glued to the streets of Amsterdam.
An extended version of H&M's new ad, created by Johan Renck and starring Lana Del Rey, has been shared 59,484 times and comes in third.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Febelfin 'mind reader' by Duval Guillaume Modem
376,868 shares this week
All time: 392,408 shares
2. Samsung 'the next big thing is already here' by 72andSunny
193,415 shares this week
All time: 432,901 shares
3. H&M 'blue velvet' by Johan Renck
59,484 shares this week
All time: 78,296 shares
4. Romney Ryan 'the Romney plan' by Romney for President, Inc.
34,842 shares this week
All time: 114,518 shares
5. adidas 'wake up' by 180 LA
31,771 shares this week
All time: 43,943 shares
6. iPhone5.nl 'iPhone 5 glued to the ground' created in-house
20,556 shares this week
All time: 27,800 shares
7. Volkswagen 'it's not the miles, it's how you live them' by Deutsch, LA
19,555 shares this week
All time: 31,677 shares
8. Apple 'iPhone 5' by TBWA\Media Arts Lab
15,861 shares this week
All time: 18,066 shares
9. Fragile Childhood 'memories' by Euro RSCG Helsinki
14,948 shares this week
All time: 61,614 shares
10. Romney Ryan 'least we can do' by Romney for President, Inc.
14,244 shares this week
All time: 75,118 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...