IAB Engage: easyJet to introduce mobile boarding passes
EasyJet is aiming to become the first low-cost airline to introduce mobile boarding passes as part of "re-engineering" its business to adapt to consumers' mobile adoption, according to marketing director Peter Duffy.
EasyJet marketing director Peter Duffy
Duffy admitted to the IAB Engage audience that only 12 months ago the airline had not been looking at what was happening in mobile, but it was now doing so "in a very serious way".
"There is nothing short of a revolution going on [in mobile]," he said, before revealing that the medium accounted for 7% of traffic to easyjet.com in August. "The growth curve is linear [...] and it over-indexes for short domestic routes."
Mobile boarding passes will be introduced in the second quarter of 2013, but Duffy indicated the company's ambitions were greater.
"We are now looking at how we can use the [easyJet] app to deliver customer information. I find it incredible that customers have these powerful phones but we deliver information over the tannoy."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London