Domino's Pizza enters movie-streaming fray
Domino's Pizza is to begin offering a movie-streaming service alongside its pizzas with the launch of its Domino's Pizza Box Office service.
Domino's Pizza: unveils movie-streaming service
The Domino's Pizza Box Office allows users to select a film from a catalogue on the main Domino's website.
Prices of films vary from £3.49 for newer films such as 'The Hunger Games', to £2.49 for older films such as 'Dirty Dancing'.
Customers can also get a discount on the films when they order a pizza.
The initiative is the result of a deal between Domino's Pizza and Lionsgate UK, the independent entertainment studio.
Customers can select from a choice of 60 titles and the films can be streamed to desktop computers, as well as mobile and tablet devices. The catalogue will be updated as new films come out.
The films for screening are available to stream at the same time that they are available to rent on DVD. Films available include 'Scream' and 'What to Expect When You're Expecting'.
Customers will be given a code with their pizza delivery, and movies can be streamed up to 48 hours later.
Domino's Pizza will support the launch of the service with a marketing campaign that launches tomorrow (31 October) across TV, outdoor and digital, developed by Big Communications.
The move apes Tesco, which in June ran a 'Movie & Meal' promotion with its online movie service BlinkBox.
Domino's Pizza enters a crowded online movie-streaming market, occupied by major retailers such as Tesco and Sainsbury's, and pure-play services including LoveFilm and Netflix. EE, the mobile operator, last week unveiled its plans for a movie-streaming service.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Studio Manager Periscope Recruitment LLP £30000 - £37000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...