Tesco tweaks site to cater for commuters
Tesco is targeting commuters with a new section on its grocery website that is optimised for mobile to allow people to shop with ease on the commute.
Tesco.com: Tube-map style delivery van poster to feature on London Underground
The commuter zone is designed to target consumers who want to avoid the hassle of carrying heavy shopping at the end of a working day.
The section will offer visitors access to their ‘favourites’ section on Tesco.com and allow easy access to the shopping basket and multi-buy savings.
Customers will be able to choose a delivery slot that suits their weekly routine with no extra delivery cost for those who are signed up to the retailer’s Delivery Saver service.
The zone is available nationwide, but initial marketing activity pushing the service is limited to London.
Marketing activity will include poster activity on the Underground featuring an image of the Tesco.com van, designed around the Tube map and showing products available via the Tesco commuter zone.
News of the marketing push in London comes after Virgin Media announced it would extend free Wi-Fi on the Tube until the end of the year, after recording more than a million browsing sessions in a single day.
A Tesco spokesperson declined to comment on when marketing for the zone would be taken nationwide.
Ken Towle, director of internet retailing at Tesco, said: "As the nights close in and it gets colder and darker, customers needn’t worry about stopping to shop on their way home – Tesco can deliver their order straight to their door, giving them more time to enjoy their evenings and weekends."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...