EE re-masters Fenton YouTube hit one year on
EE is marking the anniversary of the YouTube hit that starred Fenton the dog chasing deer in Richmond Park, with a re-mastered version that promotes its 4G mobile services.
EE: remixes the Fenton YouTube hit
The original video features a Labrador called Fenton who ignores his panicked owner's attempts to call him.
EE’s agency Poke has created a spoof cinematic version, featuring Fenton herding an elephant, ostrich, unicorn and a T-Rex. The concept is to demonstrate how EE customers can stream HD YouTube videos on the go, without buffering.
It is housed on EE’s YouTube channel, where users can also watch the original Fenton video.
Spencer McHugh, director of brand at EE, said: "As there is arguably no YouTube video more epic than ‘Fenton’, we wanted to make it even more epic by creating our own remastered version, so it can be enjoyed on the go on superfast 4G, in all its epic glory".
The Fenton video has amassed 7.3 million views to date and at the time of its launch spawned multiple spoofs. The video forms part of a major marketing assault by EE, which launched on 31 October and is estimated to be worth £100m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London