EE re-masters Fenton YouTube hit one year on
EE is marking the anniversary of the YouTube hit that starred Fenton the dog chasing deer in Richmond Park, with a re-mastered version that promotes its 4G mobile services.
EE: remixes the Fenton YouTube hit
The original video features a Labrador called Fenton who ignores his panicked owner's attempts to call him.
EE’s agency Poke has created a spoof cinematic version, featuring Fenton herding an elephant, ostrich, unicorn and a T-Rex. The concept is to demonstrate how EE customers can stream HD YouTube videos on the go, without buffering.
It is housed on EE’s YouTube channel, where users can also watch the original Fenton video.
Spencer McHugh, director of brand at EE, said: "As there is arguably no YouTube video more epic than ‘Fenton’, we wanted to make it even more epic by creating our own remastered version, so it can be enjoyed on the go on superfast 4G, in all its epic glory".
The Fenton video has amassed 7.3 million views to date and at the time of its launch spawned multiple spoofs. The video forms part of a major marketing assault by EE, which launched on 31 October and is estimated to be worth £100m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10
- Account Director - 9 month Maternity contract Gabriele Skelton £50000 per annum, Tunbridge Wells