Homebase adds YouTube social commerce channel
Homebase is expanding its social commerce offering by launching a YouTube channel with Facebook integration.
Homebase: launching new YouTube channel
The channel is integrated with Facebook’s Open Graph, so when a user watches one of its videos it will automatically publish a ‘watch’ in their timeline, to aid content discovery.
Visitors to the channel can also post comments directly on Homebase’s Facebook page. If they log in to the channel using their Facebook ID, they will be able to see which of their friends have watched content on the channel.
Homebase has also tagged products in its videos, enabling users to click through to purchase the item via its ecommerce store and helping the retailer track sales.
The channel was devised by Mindshare and built by design agency Maido.
Social commerce is yet to gain traction in the UK, but several brands are exploring commerce on YouTube as they look to derive more commercial value from the site.
PZ Cussons-owned spa and beauty products brand The Sanctuary and fashion retailer ASOS both recently launched shoppable YouTube videos.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London