Homebase adds YouTube social commerce channel
Homebase is expanding its social commerce offering by launching a YouTube channel with Facebook integration.
Homebase: launching new YouTube channel
The channel is integrated with Facebook’s Open Graph, so when a user watches one of its videos it will automatically publish a ‘watch’ in their timeline, to aid content discovery.
Visitors to the channel can also post comments directly on Homebase’s Facebook page. If they log in to the channel using their Facebook ID, they will be able to see which of their friends have watched content on the channel.
Homebase has also tagged products in its videos, enabling users to click through to purchase the item via its ecommerce store and helping the retailer track sales.
The channel was devised by Mindshare and built by design agency Maido.
Social commerce is yet to gain traction in the UK, but several brands are exploring commerce on YouTube as they look to derive more commercial value from the site.
PZ Cussons-owned spa and beauty products brand The Sanctuary and fashion retailer ASOS both recently launched shoppable YouTube videos.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London