Netflix seals exclusive future US TV rights to Disney films
Netflix has struck a major deal with Walt Disney to become its exclusive TV partner with distribution rights to its movies, including those from Pixar and Marvel, in the US.
Netflix: signs exclusive TV partner deal with Disney
The deal means Netflix will be able to stream new Disney films, from 2016, as soon as seven months after they appear cinemas.
It will also start streaming library titles, such as 'Dumbo' and 'Alice in Wonderland', immediately.
Netflix is replacing cable company Starz as part of the deal, which is the first time a major studio has bypassed cable TV for film distribution.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed by either company.
In the UK last month, BSkyB has signed a multi-year deal with NBCUniversal for the rights to current, upcoming and library feature films from Universal Pictures, shutting out rivals LoveFilm and Netflix from new films such as 'Anna Karenina'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...