Instagram disables Twitter photo feature
Instagram, the photo sharing site that was recently acquired by Facebook, has disabled a feature that improved the way its photos are displayed in Twitter users' streams.
Instagram: disables feature that affects its photo displays in Twitter
The images will still show on Twitter, but because the "cards" feature has been removed, they will not appear correctly and could look cropped.
Twitter explained the change in a status update on its site, saying, "Users are experiencing issues with viewing Instagram photos on Twitter.
"This is due to Instagram disabling its Twitter cards integration, and as a result, photos are being displayed using a pre-cards experience."
According to several reports from LeWeb conference in Paris, Kevin Systrom, chief executive of Instagram, denied the move was anything to do with Facebook and said that it will always be integrated with Twitter, allowing users to tweet out images.
He claimed the reason for the move was to do with Instagram allowing users to have web-based profiles.
Last month, reports emerged saying Twitter was working on a feature to add filters to its images, similar to what Instagram offers.
When Facebook announced it was to acquire Instagram in June, it said it was committed to growing the businesses independently.
However, under new user-control changes recently announced, Facebook said it will obtain data from affiliate companies, such as Instagram, meaning it will combine user profiles and freely share data between the two sites.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...