Wickes appoints OMD UK to search account
Wickes, the home improvements store, has appointed OMD UK to its search account after a competitive pitch involving Aegis Media's iProspect.
Wickes: Wicksey the dog character
The incumbent on the account was search specialist Greenlight.
OMD won despite iProspect’s sister Aegis agency Carat picking up the Wickes £23m media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
Wickes introduced the Wickesy the dog in September, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam. The Engine-owned social media agency was appointed to its social media account in March after a pitch, which began in November 2011.
Following Jam's appointment Wickes made its first foray into social media in May when it launched the My Projects on Facebook. The app allow people to create a shareable digital portfolio for their DIY projects.
The hiring of Jam strengthened its relationship with Engine as it has worked with Partners Andrews Aldridge on its direct marketing since February 2011.
A spokeswoman for OMD UK declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire