Campaign Viral Chart: 2012 hangs on a while longer
Google and YouTube's reviews of 2012 dominate this week's viral chart, with Fiat taking third place with its rap about motherhood.
London 2012 highlighted in Google's annual review
The past week’s most recommended video with 195,848 shares is Google’s ‘Zeitgeist 2012: Year in Review’, which recaps major global events such as the Olympics, the Arab Spring and Felix Baumgartner’s jump from space.
In a similar but more light-hearted vein, Google’s video-sharing site YouTube looks back at what was popular in 2012 by creating a new video for smash song ‘Gangnam Style’.
In third place, Fiat takes off the rap music video format with ‘The Motherhood featuring Fiat 500L’. Produced by Rubber Republic, the car gets substantial screen time as a woman sums up life with children with lines such as "I’m expressive, I express all the time because the doc said to not breastfeed is a crime".
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Google 'Zeitgeist 2012: Year In Review' by Whirled
195,848 shares this week
All time: 604,719 shares
2. YouTube "Rewind YouTube Style 2012" by Seedwell
73,257 shares this week
All time: 1,230,304 shares
3. Fiat 'The Motherhood feat. Fiat 500L' created by Rubber Republic
37,240 shares this week
All time: 164,750 shares
4. Samsung/ Disney 'Wreck-it Ralph Challenge' created by Feref/Starcom
26,734 shares this week
All time: 80,462 shares
5. SPCA 'Meet Porter. The World's First Driving Dog.' by DraftFCB
15,092 shares this week
All time: 573,855 shares
6. Campofrio 'El Curriculum de Todos' by McCann Erickson
7,750 shares this week
All time: 222,192 shares
7. Victoria's Secret 'Deck the Halls' created by Madoff Productions
6,824 shares this week
All time: 206,063 shares
8. Samsung 'Samsung Galaxy Note II - Office Upgrade' by 72 And Sunny
4,830 shares this week
All time: 8,984 shares
9. Kia 'Optima Blake Time Travels' by David&Goliath, El Segundo, USA
3,609 shares this week
All time: 28,951 shares
10. Ford Europe 'SNOWKHANA ONE' by Content Factory
3,249 shares this week
All time: 20,357 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...