Facebook launches Graph Search and injects search into social
So Facebook's big and much speculated announcement isn't a search engine to rival Google as such, but it does involve search, as last night it took the covers off what the company is calling "Graph Search".
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook chief executive at the launch of Graph Search
Facebook wants to introduce the essence of social networking to search.
What it doesn't do is challenge Google's control of the search engine market and the huge revenue stream that represents.
What Facebook announced, at its press conference at its Menlo Park headquarters, is something called Facebook Graph Search. It will allow users to search their network for photos, people, interests and places.
Chief executive Mark Zuckerberg said Facebook Graph Search was the third pillar of Facebook.
He said: "We have the social network, now we can truly search it."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Integrated Account Director Daniel Marks London £45-50k + Benefits, Central London
- Account Director for agency in North London Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Administrative Assistant/Project Manger Red Sofa London £28000 - £30000 per annum, City of London