Snap Fashion attempts to transform how we shop
British computer science graduate Jenny Griffiths is aiming to transform how we shop for clothes online.
Snap Fashion: offers visual search
Snap Fashion, her new iPhone app, lets users take a picture of an item of clothing, whether in a magazine or on the street, and instantly see similar items from high-street retailers.
Users simply need to snap the item, then search for it on Snap Fashion’s website. The results are usually returned within seconds, at which point, users can click through directly to the retailer’s website.
Griffiths, a 20-something Bristol graduate, has effectively come up with the first fashion-focused visual search engine.
Snap Fashions’ catalogue boasts high-street giants including Topshop, Jigsaw, Uniqlo, Warehouse, French Connection, Reiss and Kurt Geiger, in addition to etailers such as ASOS and mywardrobe.com, and a host of department stores such as Harrods, Selfridges, Liberty and US fashion emporium, Bloomingdales. Definitely one to bookmark for pay day.
Griffiths says that her app takes the concept of style-sharing on blogging sites a step further, by putting its cutting-edge search technology into the hands of fashion fans so they can buy the clothes they see in all those personal photos and on their favourite websites and magazine.
The visual search engine took home the $65,000 top prize at Decoded Fashion's pitch competition in London last autumn.From the Daily Poke blog on Brand Republic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...