XoJane founder and Say Media launch bold beauty site
US publishing doyen Jane Pratt, founder and editor-in-chief of xoJane.com, and Say Media, are extending the xo brand and launching a women's beauty property called xoVain.com.
Say Media: launches xoVain beauty site
The site will build on xoJane.com, which launched in the UK last year, and will cover the latest beauty trends, tips and how-tos from an eclectic cast of editors and experts, with the thoughtful, honest voice that readers have come to love and expect from the xoJane brand.
XoVain will feature product reviews, tutorials and tips and provide an intimate view of life from its editors, addressing the needs of all women, ranging from the makeup-obsessed to natural beauties, and from day-at-the-office, to date night.
The site features articles with headlines such as 'Calm Your Tits: Product Picks For Sensitive Boobies', 'A Wonder Woman Beauty Tutorial, Minus The Stunning Cleavage' and 'You Don't Even Want To Know What I Look Like Without This Concealer Palette'.
As well as plenty of beauty content, the site will offer readers the chance to browse and buy products directly from select range of online retailers, including Maybelline New York. These products can be purchased individually or as part of the complete look recommended in each post.
Every item will also have their own product detail page, with editorial and community reviews, where readers can click through to the retailer to buy instantly.
According to Pratt: "The xoVain staff will share their favourite beauty secrets and the topics they care about, with the same authentic approach readers have come to expect from xoJane. They have been clamouring for a vibrant community where they can share honest, powerful, first-person beauty stories and we are so happy to be able to give it to them with xoVain."
Kim Kelleher, president of Say Media added that xoVain was the natural evolution of the xoJane brand.
Say Media launched xoJane.com in May 2011, followed by the launch of xoJane.co.uk in June 2012. XoJane now attracts more than two million unique visitors a month.Follow @gordonmacmillan
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London