Facebook to unveil major redesign later today
Facebook is due to take the covers off a major relaunch today that will see news feeds completely revamped with new ways to filter posts into different strands as well as more image based ads.
Mark Zuckerberg: to announce news feed changes
Instead of having a single newsfeed, Facebook users will see multiple feeds divided by categories that will include ones dedicated to photos and music. Other feeds could include "news," videos and apps.
Larger images will feature heavily as part of the redesign, which are the first major changes made to newsfeeds since Facebook launched in 2006.
The new look will reportedly feature prominent tabs to allow users to easily switch between different feeds.
Facebook hopes that by introducing more feeds users will spend longer on the social network and in the process view more ads.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...