BuzzFeed launches in the UK
BuzzFeed, dubbed one of the most innovative social media businesses around by Fast Company, has launched quietly in the UK this morning.
BuzzFeed: UK launch
The site, famed for its memes, cats and list oriented stories, makes the UK the first country to get its own Buzzfeed site outside of the US.
The UK launch has been dictated by the increasing amounts of traffic that the US site was attracting from across the Atlantic.
The launch in the UK sees it lead with '43 things British People Know to be True'. Top of that list is that "The Jeremy Kyle Show attracts the best guests".
Other UK centric content sure to pull in readers includes "21 Weirdly Angry Mail Online Commenters", "27 Extraordinary Facts About The London Underground" and '21 Simple Ways To Swear Like Malcolm Tucker.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End