Essence hires Minal Saigal as EMEA MD
Essence digital agency has hired brand-side marketer Minal Saigal, a former head of special projects at Google, to lead its EMEA operations as managing director.
Minal Saigal: joins Essence
Saigal has started in the new role of managing director of the region and is responsible for managing the EMEA growth of the UK-based business.
Saigal has seven years of client-side marketing experience and has spent the last six months advising retail brand Asos as a freelance marketing consultant.
She worked at Google, a current Essence client, from from 2010 to 2012, focusing on strategic initiatives in the UK business as the head of special projects.
Before this she led eBay’s strategy on search, affiliates, display and partnerships as head of online marketing. She awarded eBay’s ongoing online media planning and buying account to Essence in 2008.
Saigal said: "I appointed Essence as our digital partner of choice at eBay because of its clear ability to match an understanding of analytics with brilliant creative output, as well as the excellent quality of people.
"The decision to move to an agency was made easy by Essence; we operate as an advisory business as well as an agency, which will allow me to continue in my aims of helping clients achieve digital excellence.
She added that she wanted to maintain the business’s culture and keep its dealings sustainable during future expansion.
The appointment is the latest in a string of EMEA hires for Essence, which recently brought in Walker Media's Mark Syal as head of media, EMEA. It also hired Erfan Djazmi from Mediacom Sydney as head of mobile, EMEA.
Essence has also been advancing in the US with two aquisitions, the most recent of which was US mobile agency Point Reach.Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire