Westfield unveils tweet mirror
Westfield London, the shopping centre, has introduced a "tweet mirror" that allows shoppers to look at themselves in the mirror and share their image in real time with friends and followers on the web.
Westfield London: shoppers offered chance to share image via tweet mirror
The mirror, created by Nedap, a retail services company, features a digital camera with a built-in web connection, so shoppers can receive instant feedback from friends on Facebook and Twitter on what they have decided to buy.
They can also send the images of themselves to their friends via email. If a shopper decides not to buy an item, a picture will be sent to their email address with a link to the brand’s website, so they can purchase it online if they change their mind.
The tweet mirror will be temporarily located in Westfield’s Go virtual area until Sunday (3 April), as part of the centre's week-long ' Big Fashion Wardrobe' event.
Westfield is readying the launch of the Westfield Stratford City development in September this year.
It is currently reviewing its advertising business, having parted company with the incumbent, CHI & Partners in January.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)